Sunday, May 25, 2014

Eating Healthy

SW's eczema has gotten to a point that Joyce hasn't had a good night's sleep for 6 months.  Joyce battles with SW every night to keep him from scratching... breaking his skin and bleeding.  Thus starting the cycle again.  We've tried every type of lotion and ointment that's possibly for sale.  The best option is a $30 jar of ointment the size of a shotglass.  We use it up in a week!!

My mom says - avoid beef.
My aunt says - avoid duck. 
Online... it says avoid processed food.

Processed food?!?! What isn't processed nowadays?  Sugar. Flour. Bread. RICE!! Pasta. 
Do we truly have to make everything from fresh???

We must.  It's the right thing to do... for him and for us.  I need to set an example as his father.  I must....alas.... eat Eggplant... eat Oatmeal...eat Mushrooms. :(

Baby steps.... I'll get there.  And if I can get use to it... maybe he'll start eating healthy too. 

Unfortunately... I've been trying for 30+ years...and I still hate eggplant, oatmeal and mushrooms. 

No comments: