Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Let it go....Let it gooooo...."

Had an opportunity to fly across country from SFO to JFK on United. Those flights generally have free movies (all you can watch within 5 hours).

I took full advantage this time and started watching the moment I found my seat.  I didn't even wait for the doors to engage.  I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw "Frozen" as one of the selection.  WOOHOO!! Finally get to watch the, supposedly, greatest Disney Animated Feature of all time..... for free!

I watched "Wolf of Wall Street" first, knowing there'll be a lot of interruptions while we take off.  I didn't want my movie to be ruined.  Sure enough... there were a lot of announcements and such.  But that's ok.... it's only Leo DiCaprio.

Finally...after 3 hours (3 HOURS!!) of Wolf of Wall Street.... finally got to select Frozen.  I even went to pee ahead of time, just so I don't have to walk away half way through the movie.

Got my snack ready. Got my drink ready.... and "LET IT GO!!"

20 minutes in.... I knew I was in for biggest disappointment of my life.  Oh gawd...
Yea sure...the animation was nice, but it's CGI'ed.

The story line? Lame... too fast.... no story development.
Olaf the Snowman... not funny.  Annoying, actually.
"Let it Go?" that was 30 minutes into the film....and after she "let it go..." she secluded herself???
Ilsa's talking parts... missing
Love story.... not so much.
Sisters love... ok, I give you that.
Big musical scores?Just one.
Final battle? Disastrous.

The best thing out of this movie.... was it's free.
As for the movie itself? Let it blow....Let it blow.....

No comments: