Monday, August 18, 2008

同一个世界 同一个梦想 (Halftime Report)

沒有Egg nog latte 的日子. 第235日. 早上有雲, 下午天晴

One world. One dream.

Halfway through the Olympics... here are some random thoughts I wanna jot down before I forget them:

1) 1996 Open Ceremony (in Atlanta). I spent that Friday night having dinner with my high school chemistry teach at Alioto's at Fisherman's Wharf.

2) 8/8/2008 - 8:08PM

3) 2008 Opening Ceremony - nothing short of amazing. Zhang Yi Mou vindicated his debaucle in the handover ceremony at the closing of the Athens games.

4) 2008 Opening Ceremony - "終於可以吐氣揚眉!" -- S. Chung

5) Did a Tom Cruise jump onto the couch when US swimmer Jason Lezak chased down France to win Michael Phelps his 2nd of 8 gold medals.

6) Tears of pride as China places gold and silver in the women's 200m butterfly

7) Gymnastics men and women's team all around and Yang Wei getting his due

8) The shady gymnastics scoring system

9) Getting bored of the diving competition cuz there's simply no competition

10) Jamaica outruns the entire world with one hand tied behind its back

11) Why does Shawn Johnson run so funny when she does her Vault?

12) I wanna swim 50m under a minute when I turn 41.

13) I wanna do a double twist vault when I turn 33.

14) I wish I'd won the parallel bars gold (and team gold) when I was 13 years old.

15) USA steals Lang Ping to coach the Women's Volleyball team. So China steals Walsh/May-Treanor's coach to coach the Chinese beach volleyball team. Talk about "World Trade Commission"

16) Medal count: USA-72, China 67, Great Britain-27. If I didn't know any better, I would think that the only sporting events in the Olympics are beach volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, basketball and track.

17) Project 119 - China has 52 medals to go

18) Redeem Team will get trashed by the original Dream Team any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

19) President Bush went to church in China.

20) "Jia You!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Well Said