Wednesday, May 13, 2015

It's a marathon... not a sprint

Big bro texted me: "She said it was the best Mother's Day present ever..."

He had just organized a cemetery visit to grandpa's grave with 30 of mom's closest relatives in HK.  After that.. they had a big dinner and then Facetime'ed with me.  Best Mother's Day ever.

Wow....

Then Big Bro said, "I've done my part."

Hmm......

He scored twice the past calendar year.  He took dad back to our village and threw a huge party with our relatives.  Then he took mom back home and threw another huge party with our relatives.  Fulfilling both of their dreams.  It truly is a herculean effort and a miracle to pull off.  And I can't be happier for them....

But has he "done his part?" He certainly has done a lot... more than I can ever do, ever.  But please... don't let this be your part.  Please continue to rock the boat for the remaining years of their lives.



No comments: