Friday, February 11, 2022

Earning my Stripes

4th game into the season... I finally earned by stripes.  I earned my official TKA Basketball Polo.  Heh...

Didn't come without a price. 

Blood, sweat, tears. 

Going and helping out with practice at 3:15PM, almost every day, after work.  Coaching a bunch of 7th and 8th grade girls.  Ohhhhh boy.  Not easy.


And today... I find out that the head coach will be out at our next game.  So I'm gonna be coaching the team the next time.  Me! Coaching! Dunno if I can do it. I'm already thinking about my pre-game and post game speech.  This will not be easy. Especially after such a horrible loss today... when we collapsed.  To a point where NN was stripped of being a point guard for all her turnovers... only to see none of our others players can pass a ball. I don't know if I can do it.... I don't know if THEY can do it.

All I know is... I'm living, breathing, eating basketball... every waking moment of my life.


No comments: