Thursday, November 26, 2009

Personally Speaking

That time of the year again... the time of the year to give thanks, to eat too much and to start proofreading personal statements. This is something I absolutely love to do. I leave reading people's writings. Not the boring expository stuff.. but the personal stuff. The stuff that shows me what you've been through and where you want to go. I'm a big fan of blogs btw... so if you have a blog and I'm not reading it, drop the URL and I'll bookmark you. =)

I'm always surprised by the PS from our students. My PS can not even try to compare with theirs. These PS's have stories about opening their own businesses...or going on an archeological excavation. It actually has substance. Mine was about a little summer program where I volunteered to teach summer school. =)

And in a sense, I feel like the old woman who can only donate two coins to the offering. Or the little boy who brough Jesus the original 5 loaves and 2 fishes. I don't have a lot to bring to the table.. but I'll bring whatever I have, and I'm sure the Lord will multiply. Until next year...

Mood: buzzed

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Personal Statements are indeed great to read, and great to know a person :) Perhaps, everyone should write one every other year or so to clarify their directions in life :)

haha.. put a star on my page.. my blog is kinda back on... intermittently...