Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nui-lestones

Not milestones...but nui-lestones. 
Been so selfish recently...all the posts have been about myself.  What about the apple in my eye?? Ohhhhhhh...so what's been happening.

 
-Towards the end of August, Nui-nui took her first step.  It was one of the hottest day of the year and she walked to try to grab mommy's Iced Mocha.  That's my girl...

-We took her to the beach and she felt sand for the first time.  Hated it...then loved it... then hated leaving it. HA!!

-Gave her a bubble bath.  She spent the entire time look at the bubbles on her hand frowning...worrying that she's melting.

-She feeds herself in the morning!! I pour her a bowl of cereal... say grace...then let her alone.  Gives me time to pack lunch and get ready.  Every now and then... the kitchen floor will be covered with Cheerios.  But that comes with the job I guess.

-Weaned. 

- Which means...we can no longer feed her to sleep.  Have to put her down now. Ugh.... she's like her old man...doesn't fall asleep easily.  Likes being patted on her tummy and chest.  She can be half-asleep and if I stop patting her... she'll instinctively grab my thumb, bring it to her tummy, and restarting the patting motion.  Awwww... I know.

-Got roseola - little rashes all over her body with a fever.  Kinda like chicken pox but not itchy.  Sigh...those were tough days for us.

-Can start singing along with "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"

-Obsessed with saying the word "BOO!!"

-Moving onto a size 4 diaper

-Favorite part about brushing her teeth is brushing her tongue.  Before we even start brushing...she's sticking her tongue out already.

-Watched an entire 49ers game with daddy despite us not letting her watch TV before she's 2.  There are exceptions, I guess.

-Enough hair in the back of her head for combing.  Still lacking in the front.

-Speaks full sentences now.  We just can't understand her, that's all....

More nui-lestones to come.

 
Mood: thankful

3 comments:

BEN said...

I enjoyed reading nui nui's milestone journey :)

Anderson said...

Yes...she scared me with those boos!!! :)
In a few years, your gonna have to chronicle your gallstones....

the OTHER Anderson said...

REJECT!! REJECT!! REJECT!!