Monday, December 08, 2014

It finally happened...

I knew the day would come... just didn't realize it would come this quick. 

Last night, after another 2AM bout of yelling at Nn, I finally hit the first (and hopefully last) breaking point of our father daughter relationship.

Normally... when I come home from work, SW and NN would race to come hug me.  But today... I was home for a good 5 minutes.  I had to go look for NN in the play room.  I asked her, "Why didn't you come hug me?"  She said, "I didn't hear you come in."  And she continued playing with her Lego's.  Then I said, "Can I get a hug now?"  And almost like a light lit up... or she came back to normal (or whatever normal is), smiled and gave me the normal bear hug that only kids can give their parents.

Whatever the reason I yelled at her... however strict parents we are... no matter how high expectations Joyce and I set for them.... is it worthed? Is it??

Where does this lie in the all-time "failures" as a parent?

No comments: