Saturday, December 12, 2015

That's a first...

On business travel earlier this week.  And on a Tuesday night, without scheduling dinner with any of my work friends... I found myself with an entire evening of solitude.

So I took myself out to a nice (very nice) steak dinner - at my favorite steakhouse Shanahan's.  Then I went to catch a movie.

"Ticket for 1, please."  How sad.  All by myself.  I still remember those final years of 7th - 8th grade when I didn't have any friends... I went to so many movies by myself. 

The kid selling tickets at the booth was in college.  He was studying for his Calculus final.  Time would've probably be better spent if I tutored him a little. HA! 

I walk into the theater... it's a ghost town.  My movie was one of the last two showings in this megaplex.  And when I got into my auditorium.... it was empty. 

Watching a movie by myself... a thousand miles away from home... in an empty theater.  Well.... that's a first!!!

No comments: