Saturday, April 28, 2018

In memory of...

Attended another funeral today.... "Memorial Service", some call it.  Or better yet... "Celebration of Life."

This time, I had the honor of being a pallbearer.  I did not know the deceased well.  And as far as male grandchildren, they only had four, and needed 2 more.  I guess when it comes down to spiritual children, I am one of the eldest in the Louie family. 

Man....that casket is actually pretty heavy!!!  Carrying it while wearing a glove... I was afraid it'll slip.  No no no.... can't let that happen.

Attending a funeral really makes one think.  About my parents, who will eventually have their funerals.  Who will be their pall bearers. About my own funeral.  Who will be my pallbearers? And the fact that I will request people not only wear black, but Orange and Black (Giants) or Red and Gold (Niners).

Rest In Piece, 冰姐.  Your legacy will live on forever.  Until we meet again.....

No comments: