Monday, July 16, 2007

What's next?

All my life, the only thing I knew how to do and was semi-good at doing, was go to school. But Santa Clara's Graduate program left such a sour taste in my mouth, I am completely disgusted with nearly any form of education. So....what's next?

Culinary school, guitar lessons, marathon training, dance class or reading War and Peace ~ as that was my goal during undergrad. Playing and passing Zelda on the Wii, rediscover my golf game. Overhaul my yard - by me or should I pay a contractor? Blah blah blah... it's not like I don't have any ideas.

Joyce says I should rest. What does rest mean? Does rest mean lounging around with an umbrella drink at hand while listening to reggae? Does rest mean to sit on my couch, with a book in one hand, a glass of Chianti in the other with Mozart in the back? I get tired from resting, as ironic as that sounds. The late Danny Chan once quoted Woody Allen in saying: Humans are like sharks, we must keep on swimming forward, otherwise we will die. Now I'm certain I won't die if I stop and rest...but how I empathize with that quote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...the golf game...haha....
Speaking of Sharks, the Shark Fin Soup at Ming's was a downer. They put a lot of Vermicilli....