Friday, February 15, 2008

the day after...

沒有 Egg nog latte 的日子. 第46日.  晴


So the flowers got delivered at 4PM yesterday. 4PM?!? That's almost the end of the day!! The flower arrangement was nothing short of something you see at Costco. The roses were barely even budding. And they didn't even deliver my Mylar balloon!! Completely, utterly unacceptable!!! Never again will I order through these guys.

So I called this morning to complain. The lady on the phone was nice.

She tried to say, "Oh...Valentine's Day is a busy day. And it's not unusual to have flowers delivered by 8PM."

I turned the card on her and said, "Now how would you feel if....blah blah blah... This is the one day in the year where I can let my wife's coworker know she's very special. And it's Valentine's DAY not night."

She was nice enough to say, "I'm so sorry. Let's see what I can do."

And I started probing, "So how was your Valentine's Day? Do anything special?"

The lady said, "Me and my guy, we decided to celebrate on the weekend. Prices are cheaper. It's not as crowded."

Then I patronized her, "Wow... you're very thoughtful. Hard to find women like that nowadays."

Then she started to complain a little, "Yeah...after a long day's work yesterday, I got home, and I kinda wished there was something for me. But I was the one who suggested postponing Valentine's Day."

Me being the guy who was after my own money and I have a little heart said, "Awww... but that's okay. I'm sure every day is Valentine's Day for you."

So I get my service charge refunded along with a 10% refund, not to mention my missing Mylar Balloon. Almost wanted to get more money back... but oh well. And that... was how I spent the day after, Valentine's Day.

No comments: