Saturday, March 14, 2009

Who says married people don't blog?!?!

A very topical issue this past weekend. Do married people blog?!? Before I give you my answer... I'll present some facts. Figure 1 is plotting the number of entries I've made per year since 2002.





From 2002 - 2004 I used Livejournal. Subsequently, I switched to Blogger (this existing blog). I got married in September of 2005, hence the two shades of gray. Based on raw, emperical data, it is conclusive that MARRIED PEOPLE DO INDEED BLOG - in fact, in my case, the frequency of blogging increased!!


2008 is an anomaly. I'm still trying to find an explanation...

The original graph was interesting (for me at least). But I got curious and did another plot. I tracked the frequency of my blogging by month througout the past 6 years.

Notice the trend of each year!! It's practically the same curve minus the shift in the +/- Y direction. Patterns worth noting:

a) January of every year is almost always the peak of the curve. This is probably due to annual year-end-reviews, new year resolutions, Superbowl, etc...

b) October is also a constant spike. I attribute this to baseball playoffs, the start of the NFL season and probably most importantly, Election Time!!

b) July is usually the low points of all the curves. One would think it's probably because there are better things to do during the summer than blog??

If you notice any other trends... leave a note!

This is just one sample out of a huge population. And I've been known to skew the curve on many occasions.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

職業病.. analysis savey

Roy2000 said...

I hope Joyce will saw that ~ lol