Monday, May 04, 2009

If I were to have amensia...

Amensia, apparently, doesn't happen all too often. It's more in movies then anything else. But people tend to be drawn to this story plot cuz deep down, I think all of us can't resist the idea of losing our memory and starting over, starting with a clean slate...

What would I do if I had amensia?

I would think my personality wouldn't really change, right? But to get a little creative...

Maybe I'll be a thespian. Maybe I'm an actor striving to survive in the streets of Brooklyn. All my friends would be white or black - not Asian. I'll have an East Coast accent - that mingles well with my California-Chinese accent. My nose will be pierced... probably just one side. I'll wear boots, not shoes, with unmatching socks. I don't think I'll have long hair though, cuz that's something I did while I was conscious. Would probably be swung waaaaaaaay to the left on the political spectrum. I'll campaign for stem cells, abortion rights, leave Iraq and national health care. I'll probably hate sports cuz it's a waste of time and a waste of the mind. My fingers will be calloused cuz I can play 4 instruments well... and 4 other like a virtuoso. Coffee, beer and steak will be my diet - unless I'm out of a job cuz the acting gig isn't serving me well... but that too, is too close to concious reality. Every morning, I'll go swimming in the Hudson River because 1) it's healthy and 2) I really don't know where the Hudson River is. My ride will be a beat up 1984 Datsun that I know how to fix whenever it breaksdown. (See this is highly unrealistic). Then the moment I wake up from amensia... (to be continued...)

Hrm...who's to say that my current life isn't the amenisiac. And the aforementioned description is my real self?

Mood: contemplative

1 comment:

Anderson said...

Maybe you'll perm you long hair....and maybe you'll find an old faded jeans jacket with an oil spot that was thrown away years ago in California but somehow made it to New York.