Thursday, August 04, 2011

Regrets

Every now and then... I'll go into a "What-if" trance and imagine different right turn vs left turn scenarios.  Though I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason... one of the biggest regrets I have in my life is not joining the Navy. 

I have the utmost respect for people of the service.  Those cheesy commericials of service men and women coming home to family always gets me.  I can't help but silently salute those in uniform when I bump into them at the airport.  Stories of folks travelling the seven seas and seeing the world floors me every time. The discipline of naval academy can probably be topped only by the Marines.  And who did the Command-in-Chief call to disarm bin Laden....? The Navy Seals. 

Will this be a case where I'll want my children to live out my dream?

No comments: