Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Wisdom of Solomon

Been on a streak recently... blogging about how I punish the kids.

This time they got caught fighting over a toy.  They knew they were in trouble... but they didn't know how much trouble they were in.  They have us figured out... good cop bad cop.  When one parent is the enforcer, the other parent will come to the rescue.  Not this time.

So I go into the room and grab their night light.  And I say, "I will spank one of you, not both.  I'm going to throw this night light.  The person who catches it... will spare getting spanked."

I toss it up... Nn obviously catches it.  She's taller, faster and probably understood the rules.  SW stood there helplessly... not knowing what happened... except he was gonna get spanked.  I felt bad... so I did it again.  This time, ensuring SW had a chance to catch it.  He grabs it and Nn is scared. 

She starts crying, "I don't want to get spanked."

I say, "Ok... if I don't spank you, do you want me to spank SW?"

She says, "I don't want him to be spanked and I don't want to get spanked either."

So I turn to SW... "Do you want to get spanked?"

He shakes his head.

Then I said, "Do you want me to spank gah-jeh?"

He nods!!! 

It took me all I had to keep from laughing.....  #&@%&!*  What do I do now?????

No comments: