Thursday, March 31, 2016

齊天大聖

I'm an uncle!!! 

I mean.... I was an uncle 9 months ago, upon conception.
I've been an uncle for 3 years with my brother/sister in law.  But this is my nephew by blood. In Chinese culture, he is my "son."  He is Nn and Sw's "little bother" or 堂細佬. 

His name..... surprisingly..... is 齊天.  小名: 大聖.

Of course.  It's the year of the Monkey, afterall. 

梁齊天 - Clark Leung

Never in a million years, would I have named my kid those names.  But that's the one special authority a father has -- naming his child. An extremely special name and quite fitting.  Big bro would never name his kids Luke and Leia. Nor would he base his children's name on the Bible.  That's just not him.

And in the end.... it was too perfect. 

For the rest of his life... when we call my nephew's name... we will literally be saying "He's equal to the sky" or he's the "great big saint."  Literally.  That is simply calling out his future...calling out his potential.  Love it!!! 

At the moment 齊天 was born tho... SW lost his place as 長子的孫 and lost his place as the next male in the Leung Family.  But frankly... who the heck cares. 

I have a nephew.  SW has a little brother.  Nn...as much as she wanted a little sister... is totally in love with her little brother.  And big bro.... he finally realized his dream above all dreams.




No comments: