Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Secret Garden

When I was in fifth grade.. my teacher Sr. Celine made us buy and read a lot of books.  I hated reading. Just didn't have the attention span or discipline to sit and read.  One of my least favorite... or most hated books... The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.  300+ pages of boredom.  When it come time to write a book report... I read my friends' book reports and used that to write my own.  

Flash forward 20+ years... Nn is in 2nd grade and she plows through that book.  She makes me sit down and read her the final two chapters so we can "enjoy" the book together.  As a full grown adult with a college degree.... I still find the book hard to read.  The diction extremely advanced.  And the story is stronger than Nyquil.  

How is Nn doing this at such a young age?!?

No comments: