Saturday, March 03, 2018

The Deep South

Another thing worth mentioning regarding my trip to the deep south - the Bible Belt - if you please. 

Both nights, I had dinner with my team.  One in Alabama.  One in Louisiana. 

Both nights, I asked the eldest, most senior person, lead us in grace.  I was 99% sure everyone in the group is "religious."  Everyone was respectful.  They bowed their heads and we prayed as a team.

But one of the two nights.... one of the senior person said, "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.  Bless us O'Lord, and these, thy gifts. Which we are about to receive from thy bounty. Through Christ our Lord. Amen." 

I hadn't recited that Catholic prayer since 8th grade.  And every body at the table... my team, their spouses, made the sign of the cross. 

Blast from the past.  Once a Catholic, always a Catholic. 

No comments: