Saturday, September 25, 2021

The Essentials

Was talking to some co-workers who live in Santa Cruz... recalling the fires where they had to evacuate.  It really boils down to what are the most important things you want to bring with you when your house is on the verge of burning down.

Likewise... with this move... I'm down to my essentials.  I've packed the entire kitchen - almost.  But I have to save a few things.  The essentials.  

  • frying pan... the deep kind, that can double as a boiling pot for pasta.
  • paper plates
  • flatware that I'm going to throw away anyways
  • wooden chopsticks that are eat and toss
  • oil
  • coffee grinder, water pot and french press
  • instead of mugs... I have travel tumblers
  • as for spices... it really comes down to one thing - "salt."  Not pepper.  Not sugar.  Not soy sauce.  
  • And of course...the trusty rice cooker.  
Aside from that... do you need anything else??  I guess I can have bowls for the instant noodles.

No comments: