Monday, January 29, 2024

Torture

 Tried to stay away from the game today - but failed.  Started out with playing pickleball outside.. .but every now and then I'll take a peek at the score.  0-14.  Ugh....  Then I did a bunch of chores around the house.  And I couldn't control myself.  7-21. Then I sat down and read.... couldn't concentrate.  7-24. I started dozing off and almost feel asleep - which woulda been perfect.  10-24. Then around 3 hours into the game... when I gave myself the initial green light to sneak a peek. 24-24. OMG!!!!  I went downstairs and started to make dinner. 27-24 - we're in the lead.  FOCUS!! FOCUS!!!  Then I checked again... with 2 minutes left... 34-24.  "Ok... it's safe to watch now."  And even then... with a 10 point lead... it was still.... TORTURE...


No comments: