Tuesday, January 30, 2024

A Leaky Problem

Got a text from our tenant... we have a leaky roof.  Damnit!!!  Those remodelers continue to haunt us even though it's been so many years.  So I went on Yelp.... randomly finding roofers to look at our problems.  

The first person that responded was too busy... too many leaks going on with the atmospheric river.  The second person that responded was able to show up the next day.  His quote... $35,000 to replace the entire roof.  His claim... the material and the handiwork is suspect.  I quickly got a 2nd quote... that came out to be $1450.  What a difference.  A chasm the size of the Grand Canyon.  I found a 3rd contractor to quote me... and he's right in between... $10,000.  I didn't even bargain and was interested.  His surprised response... "Let's make a deal." 

We weighed the pros and cons.  The cost / risk benefit.  In the end... we went with the cheapest option.  Although deep down... I know that eventually I'm going to have to replace the entire thing.  Snake and Rat simply did not do their job.

Let's hope the roof holds up for the next storm.  

No comments: