Monday, November 01, 2010

And in the end... only one was standing

November 1, 2010 ~7:30PM PDT. 
Strike 3 - Swing and a miss!! 

56 years of futility finally comes to an end!!  Jumping! Screaming!

Tossing Rachel up and down!

Falling on my knees.

Watching my team swarm the mound. 

My biggest fear - the fear of dying before winning a World Series - is forever put to bed. 

I was numbed...I didn't know how to feel... how to react.

2 and a half hours later around 10PM.... it finally sinks in.  We won.  It's that simple.

Tears started streaming. Manly tears, tears of joy, tears of exhaustation, tears that were stored up since '87 against the Cards... '89 when we got swept... '93 at 103 wins... '97 against the Fish... '98 and the Cubs... 2000 and the Mets... 2002 and Game 6, 5 outs... 2003 wire to wire to be tagged by the Fish again... the post Bonds years..... all the years of ridicule, of enduring mockery, of enduring mediocrity.  That's what my tears are made of. 

Where were you on the night of November 1, 2011???  Who were you with? What were you doing? If you don't know... lemme tell you!!! That was the night the Giants won the World Series and became World Champions!!!!

Mood: not quite sure how I should feel...

No comments: