Friday, July 07, 2006

50 years without change...

As far as I can remember, there are several things I simply do NOT eat...
  1. Mushrooms - It's a fungus... things that grow b/w your toes. Things that grow on oranges that you accidentally leave out for a month. Some of them have hair (fur, whatever). And most importantly, those cute little Smurfs live in them. I shiver, just thinking about how disgusting the bottom side of a shroom looks... ugh...
  2. Porridge - I can eat rice forever. Gimme a little canned black bean fish, and I can finish a pot of rice for you. Rice is warm, it's filling, it's sweet, it's the one thing you can't do without! But if you add water and dilute my rice, I feel ripped off. I don't get full from it and for some reason, I get the feeling I'm eating pre-chewed rice. Gimme the real deal baby!!!
  3. Oatmeal - Similar to porridge. Highly watered down, except it's oat and not rice. I look at it and think...geez, why does it remind me of vomit? I was sooooooo hungry this morning, I actually shelled out $0.50 for pack of instant oatmeal. It worked!!! Cuz I instantly lost my appetite and wasn't hungry anymore. Ended up pouring it away...
  4. Chinese Style Steamed Noodles (腸粉) - My whole family loves it. They always order it whenever we get Dim Sum. And I always end up staring at it in wonder. What am I eating? There's no taste to it. It's steamed flour, I think. It's sticky, rubbery and gooey at times. And I get paranoid it'll clog up my throat and esophagus. Ugh... Now, if you pan fry it with some XO Sauce, then I'm all over it baby!!!!

There's probably more, but these are definitely the major ones...

No comments: