Monday, August 28, 2006

End of August Report Card

Three more days till the end of August... let's measure my accomplishments (or there lackof) against my goals...hor hor hor...

  1. Amazing Race - Praise God for his protection and blessing!! Stay tuned for Amazing Race 2!
  2. Climb Half Dome - On Augst 19, 2006 @ 11:30AM...WE MADE IT.
  3. Scrub down the jacuzzi - uhm...
  4. Reinforce the gazebo in the yard - I still have 2 days....
  5. Install electrical outlets/switches in the house - It's already been a year, what's another month?
  6. Fix the darn plumbing... (why does it never end?) - Replaced the kitchen faucet. But there's still a minor drip. Only this time, I know how to fix the drip. And just last night...the toilet handle breaks. Sigh...the neverending saga...
  7. Rediscover my stroke (DRIVING RANGE BABY!!!) - I watched Tiger Woods for 5 minutes during the PGA Championships. Works for me.
  8. Read an average of 2 non-sports-related books every week - Read a few chapters of Celebration of Discipline and some European travel books. So there!
  9. Prepare for the overdue housewarming - Still very warm.
  10. Slim down to 165 lbs of lean muscle (or glorious blubber...whichever) - No comments.
  11. Build up my alcohol tolerance in preparation for France and Italy - AND I can sleep in on Saturday mornings.
  12. Plan my European trip!!! - Just seven more days....woohoo!!
  13. Learn French and Italian (at least the words for all the food) - Un grande cafe creme, s'il vou plait.
  14. Celebrate the inevitable big "2-5." (Denial is a good thing) - Feels good to be 25 again....and again...and again....
  15. Furnish the rest of the house - This may happen by default! God provides in mysterious ways!
  16. Learn to play tennis - Can't be too perfect in August. Gotta save room for improvement in September.
  17. Fix my computer (was it the HDD or the Mobo that crashed?) - Sigh...lost everything on my C drive. Good thing - wiped out all my pirated software and MP3's. Bad thing - wiped out all my legit software, pictures and homework!!
  18. Sharpen those Analog Circuit Design skills... (heh...) - With a business trip coming up, gives me something to do on the plane.
  19. Cities and Knights (ANNNNDERSON!!!!) - "Anyone gotta wheat???"
  20. Somewhere in between all that... I think I'll sit back, relax, bust open a cold one and enjoy Giants / Niner pre-season game... - Giants back in the pennant race. Niners looking like the Niners of last year. Yet..... I BELIEVE!!!!

Kinda sad just thinking about all the things I won't be able to do once school starts again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean more coin.....