Monday, August 07, 2006

Waiting upon the Lord

From yesterday's TWA:

My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; My heart and soul sing for joy for the living God. --Psalms 84:2 (ESV)

When I read this, I immediately related it to two lovers and their mutual longing or no less, fainting for one another. What things in life do I faint for? I don't recall ever fainting for Joyce, but I digress.

So I know this this guy who doesn't get enough sleep, sometimes, because his girlfriend refuses to go home. But the girlfriend's reason for staying so late is, "I just want to see you for a few more moments." Awwww...how sweet. Can't really blame the girl...nor can you say the guy is heartless. Just another chapter in their ever developing love story.

A dear brother shared with me a very cool analogy about Waiting upon the Lord. Waiting upon the Lord can be quick...can be slow. It's really not about the quantity but the quality. Like lovers, grasping for those very seconds that they can be together. Sounds much better in Chinese: 你們會如愛人一般,寧可悄悄地溜開,那怕是一兩分鐘... So how long do I wait?? And what do I expect, every time I do? I guess I gotta wait to find out...

FOR THE FEW WHO READ THIS AND WANT TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE ABOUT WAITING UPON THE LORD, PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL HERE.

No comments: