Friday, March 02, 2007

Playball!!!!

Ah... so it's been a year already since my March 3, 2006 post of "Agony of Defeat" where I summarize the first day of Giants Spring Training.

Freakishly...we start out Spring Training in a similar way!! Instead of a lead-off HR by Randy Winn, we have a lead-off basehit by Dave Roberts. Instead of a 3-Run double by Ray Durham, it's a 3-Run double by Russ Ortiz (RUSS ORTIZ!!??!). And this time around, Zito pitches shutout ball for 2 innings and Russ Ortiz (RUSS ORTIZ!??!!) pitches shutout ball for 3 innings!!

Key moment in the game... 1st pitch. Zito, the $126 million man faces Soriano, the $136 million man. $226 million separated by 60 ft 6 inches. And Zito ends up striking Soriano out on a high fast ball. Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back Giants baseball.... I know you never left me. But I'm glad you're back.

Day 2....and the detoxing begins.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Gisnts!

Anonymous said...

Er..Giants!