Monday, June 11, 2007

On a side note...

When a close friend is hurt, the pain is empathized. When a close friend is unhappy, the melancholy spreads. When a close friend is insulted, the burden is shared. Nobody asked me to be in this situation... but when someone messes with my close friend... they're also messing with me. (Not that I'm gonna do anything about it... but hey... I have this electronic forum to COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN... )

Today's sermon was about being "blind" -- physically and spiritually. John Newton, the writer of the Amazing Grace so wonderfully puts it - "was blind, but now, I see." Ironically... he wrote that after he lost vision in both his eyes. The apostle Paul was blinded on the road to Damascus... but it was his spirit that gained true vision. There are those who ask, "What? Are we blind too?" (John 9:40) and never know the answer. There are those who see, but don't realize it (John 20:15). There are those who won't believe till they see (John 20:25). There are also those who CAN see...yet choose not to. And here am I...

Two years ago, I was blessed with LASIK Wavefront surgery, resulting in 20/20 and 20/10 vision. For a brief 5 seconds in the midst of the procedure, I was blind. Since that day, I've been living behind sunglasses. And today of all days... my sunglasses broke.

Lastly... why is it that anytime a Rocky movie (except Rocky V) comes on cable TV...I drop everything and watch those dumb movies? Why are the lines in there so classic and legendary? Why do I still find humor in something I've seen over a ba-jillion times? How is it that I still get motivated to workout everytime I see Rocky go through his training regime?

DUHN!! DUHN DUHN DUHN!!! DUHN DUHN DUUUUUUUHHHHHNNNNN!!!!

or....

DUN DUN DA DUN DUN DUN DONE DA DA DUN...DUN DA DUN DUN DUN DUN DUHN DUUUUUHHHHHNNNN....

Kudos to those who understand that... or should I say... Pity to those who are sorry enough to understand that... whatever

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a good friend no matter what they all say......but all I gotta say is:

DRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!