Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spiritual Peers

It's so important to have spiritual peers in your walk with Christ.

The other night... a brother came up and said, "Have you done anything recently related to witchcraft or wizardry?"  Of course... this brother has walked with me for many years and there's a certain level of trust that's been established.

Immediately, I say no... cuz I haven't sacrificed any chickens... or casted any spells or omens... or flew on a broom as of late.  But what he said weighed heavy on my heart.  God reveals everything for a reason.

Later that night... I suddenly remembered reading / singing a Disney story book to Nui-nui.... how the Fairy God Mother transformed Cinderella from a peasant to a princess.  Oh my.... not only did I "practice" witchcraft... I "casted a spell" on my daughter.

With a contrite heart... I said a prayer of reconciliation to my Lord and Savior and quickly threw that book into the recycling bin in my den.  But moments later... I felt a conviction that I should rid that book out of our house.  So I threw it away... (I know... Nazism right?) 

And all this... cuz a brother unknowingly delivered a message.  Have you received a message today...and have you delivered it?

Come back soon for a post on "Disney, Witchcraft and Christianity."

No comments: