Monday, January 23, 2012

It shouldn't have ended that way... but I'll never really know

It's over.... it's finally over.  The 49ers miracle run at a 6th Superbowl can be officially closed.

Been avoiding all types of media the past two days... in hopes of not having to hear, see or think about what might have happened.  I rather skip out on World News than to accidentally see headlines like "Oh So Close" or "The Fumble 2."  But that's inevitable. 

And you know what the funniest part is....?  I didn't even watch the game.  That's right.... the first NFC Championship game in 15 years and I didn't watch it.  Why, you say??

Well..... let's just say as part of my confession, reconciliation, penance.... I agreed to spend time with my family and not watch this game.  And if you've ever had nicotine or caffeine withdrawal.... multiply that by 100 and you'll be in the ball park of where I was.

For 5 whole hours, I didn't get near my phone, in case someone texted me.  I surfed on websites that I needed to get some work done - avoiding any score highlights.  I had the TV/radio shut off. 

But as destiny would have it.... I was still getting the game's status fed to me by a co-worker in Philadelphia who kept IM-ing me!!  I was logged into work's network, not knowing some other poor soul would be logged on a Sunday evening.  HA!!

In any case.... it's over.  Tears welled up, but didn't run down.  The heaviness of the heart... that ol' so familiar feeling was back.  And it's another year of saying the old adage, "There's always next year...."

No comments: