Sunday, August 03, 2014

Sunday Night Ritual

It's Sunday night... and what do I find myself doing?? I'm going through the fridge, throwing away week (or 2 week old) leftovers.  What a waste.  America is such a wasteful nation... I feel sick to the stomach just thinking about it, let alone doing it.

The leftover dim sum from last Sunday? TOSS!
The left over veggies from Tuesday...that we've microwaved twice for dinner... GONE!
The mysterious bag of whatever.... SEE YA!!

Not all is lost.  I find a few drummettes from Wednesday's dinner.  And also from pork from Monday's dinner.  They all sat in their down dish... under their own plastic wrap.  So I consolidated the few biteful of meat along with Friday's leftover ribs and make a new plate of leftovers.

It's a pure feeling of victory whenever we wipe clean all the food!! Sometimes.... on a Saturday evening, we decide to stay in and we make one of those special "Leung's smorgas bord", throw everything in a pot and add some chicken soup.  Voila!!  Dinner!! 

But those rarely happen... but happens more often.... the Sunday Night Ritual.

No comments: