Sunday, October 12, 2014

Exhausted

Two days in a row... I drove out to SF. 

Day 1 - was to buy and give mom a new laptop.  I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I've been lazy.  Finally bit the bullet and bought a low-end, bottom-of-the-line laptop so she can stop using those leftovers from the early 2000's.  Boy was that a mistake.  Not only did Fry's give me the guaranteed run-around, I definitely needed a long night, by myself, to configure the laptop for her.  Doing it real time, at her place, with her hovering... was not the way to go.  That... and I was famished and parched. 

Day 2- picked dad up from the airport and ended up spending the entire morning with him.  Got to his place... was going to drop off the luggage and leave.  Only... he asked me 1 simple computer question that floored me for another 2 hours.  Oh and btw... I missed lunch again. Famished and parched. 

Two different incidences. Two separate issues. Same common problem - Windows 8.1.  UGH!!!!! 

I finally make it back to the comforts of my home.  I eat a leftover waffle from this morning.  And I inhale a banana.  That was my breakfast and lunch combined. 

And to top it off... neither one of their problems were fixed.  Will have to go out again and relive this do-loop. 

Not complaining... merely stating facts.

No comments: