Friday, May 13, 2016

最心痛是,愛得太遲

Saw a text this past Monday morning...  a close family friend said her father in law passed away suddenly on Sunday night.  Details slowly became available and tho things are still uncertain and unsure, my close bud is definitely in mourning.

I called him on Tuesday to lend him some support and he wasn't able to talk yet.

Then on Thursday... he was finally able to share a little.  The thing he kept repeating is the deep sense of remorse of not spending more time with his dad.  Of not reading the bible with his dad.  Of not telling his dad he loved him.  And it was a wake up call....

Being on the other side of the line... I had no clue what to say.  How do I console him? Do I say, "It's ok..." when things are truly not ok? Do I tell him, "You gotta be strong...the whole family is looking at you."  What do you do?  Have no friggin clue....

No comments: