Sunday, May 22, 2016

Exhausted

Got done with my buddy's Memorial Service.  Everything is still sinking in.  Ironically, I was his Wedding Coordinator.  And today... I Coordinated his Dad's memorial service. 

The days leading up to it was very murky.  Even the day of... everything was semi-chaotic.  The theme of the day was "play it by ear."  Couldn't get a lot of details from him... let alone the funeral home.  

The moment that truly struck home... At the burial site when the casket was being lowered... The mother of the deceased started wailing. Screaming. Crying.

Luckily most of what she was saying was in Shanghainese and I couldn't understand it. But one thing that I did understand and will forever echo in my head...."阿瑞啊!我生你出離架!你點可以咁走啊!?"

Even the most heartless person can feel the pain of a mother watching her son being buried. Who.... I say who.... Didn't shed a tear of compassion?!

And after all was said and done... I am exhausted. More tired than when I coordinated their weeding!!! Geez... Then again... Their wedding was over 8 years ago. I was a much younger lad then.


No comments: