Saturday, July 16, 2016

So impressed...

One of these days... I think I will make a top 10 movie scenes.  Scenes that you can watch over and over again and it still makes you laugh, makes you cry, or makes you want to dance like no one's watching.

If there ever was a scene... and I'm not quite making it my top 10.. one of my favorite scene is from Sister Act.


Yes... it is a reverential song to Mother Mary, which is counter to what Christians (Protestants) believe in.  But I've always loved this song for what it was written for... especially during those crazy days of May Crowning for St. Mary.  I've always loved how a hymn can be transformed into a modern day rock song.  And the best part... THE BEST PART of the scene.... was when the priest waves his hand and welcomes the riff-raffs from the streets.

How we can use worship and praise to bring everyone to God.... that is the best part of this movie scene.

Now.....can we use Pokemon Go and bring people to church?!?!?!

No comments: