Saturday, November 19, 2016

She needs glasses...

It was out of the blue.. I wanted Nn to read a random sign on the streets.  She said she couldn't see it.  I first thought she was kidding.  Then I thought we were blocking her.  Then it got serious. 

She couldn't read the license plate in front of us.  We got to Costco... she couldn't read the prices. 

Then the waterworks started flowing.  She got scared.  "Will I need surgery? Will I need glasses? And most importantly... Will I still be pretty?"

Joyce and I were pissed.  We told her.  We told her to not rub her eyes.  We told her to not read in the dark.  We told her this and we told her that.  But ultimately, we we are pissed at ourselves, but we directed our anger at her. 

True... she doesn't take good care of her eyes.  But she's 7!!!  We need to be accountable.  Maybe it's genetics.  Both Nn's parents have glasses.  All of her grandparents have glasses.  Maybe it was inevitable.  Guess we'll never know.

Today... was clearly a bad bad day. 

No comments: