Saturday, November 13, 2021

As if time stood still....

Went to the long awaited Junior High Musical.  And it was.... a junior high musical.  Much critical, I am.  The storyline itself is quite simple... it's the story of the ugly-duckling.  But it took me all of the Act I to figure out which character was whom....or what.  The creative freedom the director chose was... a little too "free" for the average Joe (or Hank).  The performance... is a junior high performance.  And for some parts of that Act... it was as if time stood still.... *phew*

Most of the kids haven't experienced life enough... or seen enough professional performances... or know what to do with their hands other than making the "gorilla, hanging arms, palms flipped" motion over and over again.  

But I have to say... there are some true talent in that group.  A couple of months ago... NN and I got into a fight cuz she didn't make the cast, and I over-cared.  Well... it turns out... she is not up to par with the main characters.  All of them are amazing singers and dancers.  Tho I will say... NN is clearly a notch above the rest of the ensemble.  Maybe next year.... 

No comments: