In the beginning of summer... I had the sudden urge to plan local floral trips with mom. And there lied an Orchid Festival in the middle of the city. Fast forward two months.. after the discovery of the game/toys thing... I thought it was perfect the kids got to go out ot spend time with Grandma.
But what a dud and failure it turned out to be. I left for the city first... found mom... got to Golden Gate Park and found parking. But Joyce and kids had to turn back, after leaving on time, and that set them back 30 minutes. It was meant well.. but we really shouldn't have gone back. Then when they got to the park.. we were almost done with the exhibit - which was nothing more than 5-6 tables of display and a lot of local vendors running an indoor farmer's market. Parking, by that time was atrocius, so Joyce dropped the kids off while she looped, and the kids spent no more than 10 minutes in the Festival.
We headed to lunch... and it was a different atmosphere. Went to this bougie salad place ($20 salad!!!!). But NN was on her effin phone the entire time. Sat as far away from mom as she possibly could and didn't even say a word during lunch. She was enthralled with her own life to even pay any attention to family. I get it... but I don't. Sigh...
We were running late for Odyssey, so I had Joyce take mom home while SW and I drove to downtown. But my blood was simply boiling at that point.... thank goodness SW is the happy go lucky one and simply knew what to do or what to say to keep me calm.
After the movie, we ended up going to the Mission District to get some Farolito burritos...and it turns out there's another taqueria whose lines are thrice as long!!! And because he's big and old enough, I was able to split up so we can sample both... kinda like Geno's and Pat's in Philly.
Great intentions... but after all was said and done... another epic failure.
No comments:
Post a Comment