Saturday, December 16, 2006

Don't judge a book by its cover...

...nor should you judge a coffee bean by its scent.

Recently bought 1/2 pound of Peet's Ethiopian Blend...a very aromatic, very shiney and colorful bean. (No, coffee beans are not brown). One would expect the outpouring of the taste should be over and beyond the scent, as the scent is usually the preview of what's to come. The bigger the hope, the harder the fall.

Conversely, we finally open a bag of coffee beans we brought back from Paris. The beans were dull in color and lacked any scent of smell. I was rather disappointed and when making my first pot this morning, I lowered my expectations at the same time I lowered the amount of water I put in. Lo' and behold!!! This coffee packed a bigger punch than a Peet's Triple Espresso!! (Well..maybe a double).

European coffee wins this round!! But the ultimate winner, is of course, ME!!! WOOHOO!!!

1 comment:

godislove said...

can I try?