Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Insecure

Am I insecure about my masculinity? I would think I'm not... but I guess I am. I'm not afraid of asking for directions... but why ask when it's more adventurous to figure it out myself?

Do I feel especially manly when I do some "manly" things?? Of course I do!!! It felt manly to rummage through a junkyard to find a replacement part for my car. It felt manly to have fixed my sprinklers. And last night.... ohhhhhhhhhh.... it felt manly to finally fix that squeaking noise from my toilet!

Am I so insecure about myself that I need these little spurts of glory to refill my frail male ego?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never question the masculinity of the guy who is open to giving you that comforting hand on the shoulder when you need it. In fact, he'll give you both if need be.