Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ananias

During Sunday School this past week, one of the discussion questions were, "Who has been an 'Ananias' in your life?" Immediately, I thought of the Louie's and Hsu's as they've been instrumental in my spiritual growth these past few years. Who I failed to remember was spiritual parents back in my Sts. Peter and Paul days. In Catholicism, you call those "godparents." (Yes....Vito Correlone)

Bumped into my godparents this past Saturday at a wedding....along with all the uncles and aunties from my old church. Though they never fed me spiritually nor did we have conversations longer than 5 minutes ever, they're still my godparents. It wasn't by fault or chance that we were paired together but God's will. Probably till the day we return to heaven, I will always call them, "代父,代母."

And the kids....they're no longer kids. The kids that we use to "disciple" are now full grown adults. If someone were to ask them, "Who has been an Ananias in your life?" I wonder if any one of them will mention my name? A very pleasant trip down memory lane...

No comments: