Monday, October 26, 2009

Victim of Cyberthreat

The other day... I changed my Google-chat status to "A hectic day...exhausted." Within minutes, I get a call from a number with a weird area code. It was a pre-recorded message that's left me a voicemail many times before.

Voice: Hello, this is Kaiser Permanente. Is this Mr. Henry Luuuu-eng?
Me: Yes
Voice: We have some information regarding a change in your membership. To continue in Spanish, press 7.
(this is when I started walking around... I wasn't paying much attention)
Voice: You have had a hectic day and you're exhausted.
==END OF CALL==

Mood: creeped out

2 comments:

sanderson said...

sigh.... creepyyyyyy

Roy2000 said...

I guess someone has used a voice streaming application and joke on you. I know several companies let the user do these kinds of stuff and is pretty easy.

I'm pretty sure it is someone who is on your contact.