Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pimples are back!!

Ah... teenage awkwardness can best be ostentatiously described by: lowering of voice... gaining a foot in height.... and breaking out all over the place. And this morning, I was officially transported back to high school sophomore year when I looked into the mirror and little red spots were all over my face.

No no... they're not pimples.  They are, as a matter of fact, a weird form of hand-foot-mouth disease.  This disease is common in children <5, and when it happens, little red spots/bumps grow on your hand, feet and around your mouth.  Unfortunate for me and Nui-nui, we've been zapped with a more severe form of this.  She has bumps all over her legs and arms and arms.  I have it on my hand, feet and face.  And adults suffer more from this disease than kids do.  In fact, my hands and feet itched so much today, I couldn't even sleep!!


Stoopid me!! We first thought it was chickenpox.  And since I had chickenpox when I was small and have the immunity, I was taking close care of Rachel without any extra precautions.  Look at me now.  Pimple face.  Pepperoni-pizza. Strawberry patch.  You name it.  I'm it. 

Wonder who Agent Zero is.  Must be some kid from day care.

No comments: