Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Ageless One


Today at McDonalds... I met an old man.  Old?? He's older than old.  His grand-daughter-in-law said he's 104 years old!!  He sat there... holding a hamburger and munched on it.  His grandson himself is already a grandfather of a 10, 8 and 5 year old.  That's 6 generations right there!

As they were getting up to leave... the grandson (probably in his 60's?) started boxing with the old man.  And I mean box - Wing Chun style.  The old man was still very alert.  He held up his hands and went through the motions.  His grandson kept screaming, "C'mon soldier!! C'mon soldier!!"

After a few moments... they got up to leave.  And it took all the strength of the grandson (again... he's well into his 50's, perhaps 60's) to pull up the old man.  And just like how I'm holding Bebe in helping him walk... the old man needed assistance in walking from the bench to the door to the car.  Crazy... amazing... beautiful. 

With the way I eat... the way people drive... the stress from work... I don't suspect I'll live to 104.  But I wonder where I'll be when I'm in the latter part of my life here on earth?

No comments: