Sunday, April 29, 2012

A bus ride

Nn has been begging to ride a bus for several months now.  Time and time again, I keep promising I'll take her for a ride.  And as I keep breaking my promise, her grandfather's already taken her on a public bus twice. 

And nn looooooooooooooves it, for whatever reason.

So this past Saturday, I finally got my VTA pass from work and went joy riding with nn.  Man.... if I didn't have that free pass, I don't know if I'd be willing to cough up $2 for a oneway ride.  Put it this way... if I had to pay $2, I would ensure to take the longest route to maximize the bus ride. 

As such... the ride from my house to the nearest stop (Good Sam, no less) lasted all of 5 minutes.  We got off...and had to wait an hour for the return ride.  An hour!!!

Luckily... with the magic of smart phones, I was able to find another bus line stopping virtually 4 blocks away from our house that departed in 20 minutes. To all those who say you don't need a smart phone...well... here's where it comes in handy.

One of the great hour I've yet to spend with nn.  We had some quality one-on-one time.  We enjoyed each other's company.  She loved the bus ride.  And I was able to re-walk the grounds on which she was born (Good Sam).  A good day, indeed.


No comments: