Saturday, August 17, 2013

Best things in life are....FREE?

Don't we all love things that are FREE? As much as we enjoy the WHAT... I think we constantly disregard the WHY.  Sometimes, it's truly the WHY that makes the "free", the best thing in life.

Take Tam's Cafe in Cupertino.  Joyce and I frequent that place for breakfast once or twice a month for the past several years.  One time... we went for lunch instead of breakfast... and the waiter brings us each a cup of milk tea.  My initial respond, "We didn't order any wor..."  thinking the waiter got it wrong.  He simply smiled and walked away.  WOW.... what a guy.

Take my cross country flight this past week.  On my way to Baltimore, I was upgraded to first class.  My flight attendant took very good care of me... and I made certain to return a smile.  The next day... I was on my way home... and upon boarding, I saw him again!  This time I didn't get an upgrade to first class.  But after we got our drinks back in economy, my flight attendant comes strolling down the aisle... I didn't take notice until he stops at my row... and pushes a glass of white wine towards me.  The exact thing I ordered while I was sitting in first class the day before.  He smiles... and walks away.

Oh boy did that wine make the flight go smoother...

No comments: