Friday, August 09, 2013

DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!

I love hosting... I love planning... I love taking folks around town. But man!!! Can they drive me nuts!!!!

I had everything planned out. 
Breakfast... Mystery Spot... Lunch.... Coffee... Great Mall... Dinner. 
And I knew things will get messed up, so I had backup plans B and C.  Boy were my plans mediocre.
The 10AM breakfast became a 11:45 lunch! What's worse.... we sat their at Saigon waiting for them for 45 minutes, hogging a big table, while the line stretched around the block.  When they finally came, I naturally get shoved into the corner.  The guys sitting by the aisle didn't order any food!!  What's the point of lunch?!?  I got so fed up... I ordered a plate of chow fun.  Then it took over 30 minutes to get my plate of chow-fun.... and it came after I cancelled it.  Ok...whatever!!  Next.

We cancel the Mystery Spot and head to the Great Mall.  Sure, I expected this.  But the caravan got lost, we ended up splitting up.  One of the driver missed an exit and I had to drive and rescue him.   

Whatever... it happens.

At the mall... all they wanted to do was walk in circles.  No stores.  No shopping.  Even when they walk by a toy store, they won't stop and let poor little Howard to play.  Is that their point of vacation??? Walk aimlessly around in circles??

Finally... time to leave and head off for a cup of coffee.  We caravan again...everything is fine and dandy when I get a call from Joyce who was suppose to pick up nn.  "I got lost...can you go pick up nn???" 

Ok....fine.  I ditch the family at Philz without even ordering for them.  Whatever...it happens. 

Finally got to the coffee shop.  And once again,  I make the biggest mistake ever.  I ask everyone, "Are you hungry?"  "No...." 

WTH... .we barely had any lunch.  We walked and drove around all day.  And no one is hungry?!?!?Or are they just being overly courteous...to a point of pissing me off!!!!

I said...forget it.  I'm making the executive call here.

I tell Joyce, let's go somewhere local.  She says no.... let's go somewhere far.  I nearly blow my gasket, "I don't want folks to get lost again... and I have to end up driving and rescuing people!!!!"

She capitulates.  And once again... the native San Jose doesn't even know how to get to Lawrence and El Camino from Cupertino.  What has the iPhone done to us??????????

We caravan again.... and luckily, no one got lost this time.  I called ahead of time to reserve a table, thankfully.

But once again.... I end up sitting at the very far corner of the table where I can't access the waiters and waitresses.  I can't pay.  I can't serve food for everyone.  I was... helpless.  Useless.  Futile.  And who sits on the outside that the waitress tries to converse with? The same guys who didn't order any food at dim sum.

I didn't even bother asking people what they wanted to eat.  I just ordered.  Then.....

Drove me nuts.... watching the rest of them fumble around with things.  Especially those who wanted to take a million pictures with their iPhones....then iPads.... then take a video.  Then have to show everyone on the table what they just took.  All the while disregarding the waitresses and busboys trying to get their job done.

At the end of the night.... everyone just wanted to sit there and sit there and sit there.  C'mon guys.  Let's get done with our food and leave!!!  The restaurant has a train of people waiting to sit down.  No.... I'm full, but i'm gonna keep poking at my food. 

Then I nearly got into a fight with my aunt with taking home leftovers.  Half a bowl of rice here.... half a bowl of rice there.... two halves make a whole bowl!!!  Well... by that time, I was out of patience.  I flat out said, "no... if i bring it home, it's going straight to the garbage can."  Must've pissed her off too..... cuz I know they hate wasting food.  But is it a waste...or is it bad for your own stomach trying to stuff so much food down?!!?!

Finally... everyone slowly gets up.  But they stand up not to leave.... but to stand and talk and admire the leftover plates.  C'mon.............. leave people!!!!!!

Now it's time to go home.  No one understands half the sh*t I'm sayin about direction.

Just stick a finger in my eye already.... it'll feel much better than this.

No comments: