Sunday, September 16, 2018

"It's this generation...."

We had a church Children Ministry meeting tonight.  And part of meeting was breaking up into groups to share what our dream Children Ministry would look like.

It's a little disheartening... that our children sunday school and saturday activities now are always a Youtube video.  We no longer have our children open up their bible.  Long gone are the days where children carry a bible to church....

My comment was.... "teaching children how to flip the bible at home."

The discuss led to, "Do adults open their bibles during service??"

I got so pissed at that point, I couldn't help myself and shot back, "Does that make it right?"

And the discussion evolved to, "It's this generation."

To which I replied again, "Does that make it right?!"

Everyone knew the answer.  I was dumb-struck.  It's almost like... it's OK to make that compromise.  I know, deep down, that's not what we want.... We need to reclaim this generation.

We are now teaching our children, that the biblical truths are found in Youtube videos.  What will they do when they grow up??? They'll search youtube for their devotional time with God????

How troubled this generation has become......

No comments: