Friday, October 29, 2021

死孤寒

Went out to the city to have lunch with dad by the Ferry Building.

Last night... I found parking lots/garages around there to set expectations.  But I was early today... so I checked out the street parking.

About 3 city blocks away... I found meters that cost $3.75 / hour.  Nice!!  3 city blocks... I have time.  Let's see if there's anything closer.

Traffic was bad in front of the Ferry Building.  Took me 15 minutes to move those 3 city blocks.  And as I should've expected, there's no parking in front of the building.  Grrrr.... and there's nothing 3 city blocks the other way.  I made mental notes of what's on the other side of the building.  Can always bust a U.  

As I busted that U.... I was led to some parking spots in a business district that's about a block away.  Woohoo!! I got out...tried to pay by phone.  Only to see that the spots are now $6 / hour!! Geeez!!!  No thanks.

So I slipped out and headed back to the main street.  Voila...!  Some spots directly across the street from the main entrance. $7!!!  Adios....  

Drove back to the original set of spots that were $3.75/hour.  Heh... 30 minutes later.  I started where I began.  But hey... I saved some chump change.  

No comments: