Saturday, August 06, 2022

Big Island - Day 4

6 months after my Hawaii vacation... I guess I should jot down some of the highlights of the remainder of this trip, before I truly forget it.

Day 4 - I woke up before anyone else and found an insurance company was having a company event at the resort and they were hosting breakfast.  90% of the people there were Asian.  So I snuck in and grabbed myself some free breakfast buffet.  Heh. I blended right in.

That morning... we,  family unit as a whole, headed to the White Sand beach of Hapuna. It was majestic. We swam. We snorkeled.  We had the full Hawaii experience.

In the afternoon... Joyce, NN and Grace and I went Kona Coffee tasting.  Nothing to write home about, but I bought some beans regardless.  Cuz, afterall, I was in Kona.

That night... we had our family Luau.  Dang was it expensive.  But it was the one night we dined together... all of us. One forgetless memory... we were lined up to go in, but we skipped the family picture (of course, something we'd have to buy for $50). The camera men called us out of our line...saying they'll hold our place for us.  So we went back and took a family picture.  And surprise surprise, they did not hold the space for us.  It took an old Chinese woman (MIL) to slip all 15 of us back into line, thereby pissing off the entire luau line.  I can't believe we did that, but we did. 

No comments: